Thursday 15 January 2009

MOVIE REVIEW : Lakeview Terrace

LAKEVIEW TERRACE

Directed by Neil LaBute
Starring Samuel L. Jackson and Patrick Wilson


PLOT

An LAPD officer will stop at nothing to force out the interracial couple who just moved in next door.

WHAT I THOUGHT

Initially, I didn't want to see this one. I didn't think it'd be very good. That's when I was surprised when the film started to receive good reviews, and I got recommendations from friends to go and see it.

I liked it. I didn't think it was amazing, but at the end of the day, still an enjoyable film.

I thought Samuel L. Jackson was fantastic in his role as a racist black man, and its really interesting to see him slipping from a neighbour trying to smile, to a downright maniac. I also thought Patrick Wilson was excellent as Chris, the white guy next door.

As you may have guessed, the film is all about racism, yet from a different point of view. I had no idea how the film was going to end. And you have to endure through a lot of nail biting scenes to reach the finale. Some scenes were also quite shocking, which I was not expecting.

So, yeah, I recommend this film. It's not amazing... but it sets out to do what it wants to! It's worth seeing for the performance of Samuel L. Jackson alone!

BEST MOMENT

A nail biting scene where Samuel L. Jackson confronts his daughter in their garden.

MY RATING

**********



No comments:

Post a Comment