Friday 8 January 2010

MOVIE REVIEW : Sherlock Holmes


SHERLOCK HOLMES

Directed by Guy Ritchie

Starring Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law

PLOT

Detective Sherlock Holmes and his stalwart partner Watson engage in a battle of wits and brawn with a nemesis whose plot is a threat to all of England.

REVIEW

+ Some of the best use of slow motion I have ever seen in a film. +

+ Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law are both absolutely fantastic. +

+ Great sense of fun throughout. +

+ I am pleased that a lot of detective work was actually done. +

+ Some really great action scenes on display here. +

+ Mark Strong made a fantastic bad guy, as ever. +

+ Victorian England was been captured perfectly, and looks brilliant. +

+ The chemistry between the two main characters is flawless, I can't wait to see more of them together. +

- It seemed to slow down a bit in the middle. -

- The music was quirky, but frankly felt a little "meh" to me. -

BEST MOMENT

The slow motion explosion, a truly brilliant moment in cinema that I know I could watch time and time again.

MY RATING
++++++++--



No comments:

Post a Comment