Wednesday 13 January 2010

BEST DIRECTOR AWARD for 2009

BEST DIRECTOR AWARD 2009

Normally, there is a stand out director per year. However, this year I have really struggled because of the high quality of a lot of the films. This is my personal opinion on which director has emerged at the top in my eyes this year.


WINNER: Marc Webb for (500) Days of Summer

I chose Marc Webb because not only did I love 500 Days, but it simply a fantastic debut film. I absolutely cannot wait to see what he gives us next. He gave 500 Days lots of touches which made it stand out from the crowd, no doubt because he is a music video director. Name me a scene better and more original than the Reality-Expectations scene. Genius.



RUNNER UP: J.J. Abrams for Star Trek

This was very hard to put as a runner up. Abrams gave Star Trek in my opinion the best reboot since Batman. He gave it a sense of fun, but also danger that was never felt in the original series. He blew this one out of the water, due to his fantastic direction and relentless pace that he gives the film. Also, he found the new cast - all of which were brilliant.



HONOURABLE MENTIONS: James Cameron for Avatar, Quentin Tarantino for Inglorious Basterds.

No comments:

Post a Comment