Monday 5 January 2009

TOP 10 ADVENTURE FILMS

10. THE MASK OF ZORRO (1998) : Directed by Martin Campbell

WHY?

Action, romance, drama and lots of good fun! I feel this film has it all and is still one of my favourites to this day!

BEST MOMENT?



09. HELLBOY 2: THE GOLDEN ARMY (2008) : Directed by Guillermo del Toro

WHY?

A recent film that just made it onto the list! Fantastically fun, visually amazing film... much better than the first in my opinion... and the humour running throughout it is fantastic.

BEST MOMENT?



08. DRAGONHEART (1996) : Directed by Rob Cohen

WHY?

I loved it as a kid, and still love it as an adult. The kind of Sunday family film that everyone can watch together, and everyone can like for a different reason. It's just great. And let's not forget that the CG dragon is still pretty good even by today's standards!

BEST MOMENT?

That finale! Or the big where the dragon comes over the sunset! Or! Or! Or! SO MANY!

07. A KNIGHT'S TALE (2001) : Directed by Brian Helgeland

WHY?

HEATH! I loved this film before the tragic death of Heath Ledger, its fantastic fun with a great cast and memorable moments, but now that the main actor is no longer with us... the film seems even better!!

BEST MOMENT?


06. PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST (2006) : Directed by Gore Verbinski


WHY?

I know this one may seem a little crazy, but Pirates 2 was my favourite out of the trilogy! Some people find it confusing, but I never had that problem. I think its the best visually too, with the best action scenes... and who could forget... DAVEY JONES!!!

BEST MOMENT?



05. THE MUMMY (1999) : Directed by Stephen Sommers

WHY?

To me, the closest modern thing that can be compared to Indiana Jones! It's got amazing action, ridiculously fun, amazing score, great acting, awesome CG and a really great villain! I liked The Mummy Returns too... but nothing can compare to seeing this one!!

BEST MOMENT?

The battle on the boat! Just watch that scene to see how great the film is!

04. HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX (2007) : Directed by David Yates

WHY?

It took me a while to decide which Harry Potter film to put on this list, but eventually I decided on the most recent one because it truly is the best. Order of the Phoenix was in my opinion, the worst book... yet it made the best movie! The actors are really getting good now, and the CG is getting better and better! Bring on the Half Blood Prince!

BEST MOMENT?



03. KING KONG (2005) : Directed by Peter Jackson

WHY?

I LOVE this film so much, it may not be as good as Lord of the Rings, but in terms of scope, the film is still truly epic! King Kong is still the best CG animal I've ever seen, and anything with dinosaurs is enough to excite me!

BEST MOMENT?



02. STARDUST (2007) : Directed by Matthew Vaughn

WHY?

This film very nearly made Number One on my list... that's how much I love this film. It's perfect in my eyes, not one thing I would change. Blew me away at the theatre and quickly became my favourite film of last year! Don't read this! GO WATCH IT!

BEST MOMENT?



01. INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE (1989) : Directed by Steven Spielberg

WHY?

Anyone that knows me, will know how much I love Indiana Jones... and this film was always my favourite. This is probably mostly because of Sean Connery, but everything about this film is so fun and action packed, I can always watch it and get the same AMAZING experience! I may go watch it now...

BEST MOMENT?

1 comment:

  1. Stardust should have been number one!!!!!! :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete