Sunday 11 January 2009

MY FAVOURITE GAMES EVER 25-11

Okay... so everyone that knows me will know my Number One game ever... but how about the rest? And don't expect it all to be new games... lots of oldies in there too!

Take a look... and click on any of the pictures for a bigger version!

25. DEAD SPACE (XBOX 360)

One of the few games that has genuinely scared me! I had no expectations for this game. Turned out its one of the most amazing games this year! The atmosphere and graphics were incredible. I played it at Halloween by myself alone in the house... I nearly pooed.

STORYLINE : 3/5
GRAPHICS : 4/5
SOUND : 4/5
MUSIC : 3/5
FUN FACTOR : 4/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5


24. FAR CRY 2 (XBOX 360)

I think this game has my favourite graphics in a game ever. Just jaw dropping all the time. It always feels so gritty and realistic. Plus when one of my buddies was killed... it may have been one of the hardest cutscenes ever to watch in a game!

STORYLINE : 3/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 4/5
MUSIC : 3/5
FUN FACTOR : 3/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5


23. THE ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION (XBOX 360)

I like Fallout 3. But Oblivion is better. I think it's just from my love and swords and magic, but the world just seems more alive... and I prefer living in the Oblivion open world than I do the Fallout 3 one. It's a great game though. You should know why. Unless you lived under a rock.

STORYLINE : 3/5
GRAPHICS : 4/5
SOUND : 3/5
MUSIC : 4/5
FUN FACTOR : 3/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5


22. MARIO KART WII

It's my favourite racer ever. Can't be beaten. I love the Burnout series, but its nothing to the fun of Mario Kart. Playing it in a room with three other people, all screaming at each other is the one of the most fun experiences ever.

STORYLINE : 0/5
GRAPHICS : 3/5
SOUND : 3/5
MUSIC : 2/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5


21. GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

I did love this game. I just didn't think it was the most amazing thing ever like some people. I never did complete it. I will one day. The city is fantastic, as are the graphics and gameplay. It just didn't knock it out the park for me.

STORYLINE : 4/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 3/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5


20. WORMS ARMAGEDDON

I grew up with this game, and still think its one of the most perfect pieces of programming ever. The graphics still look good today, and the humour is great. Such fun in multiplayer. I still play it. All. The. Time.

STORYLINE : 0/5
GRAPHICS : 3/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 2/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5


19. CRASH BANDICOOT 2 (PLAYSTATION ONE)

Crash Bandicoot has always been my favourite platformer, and this is my favourite one. I just love everything about it. The levels. The characters. The POLAR BEAR! Last year me and a friend completed it in one night! EXTREME!

STORYLINE : 2/5
GRAPHICS : 2/5
SOUND : 2/5
MUSIC : 2/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5



18. LITTLE BIG PLANET (PS3)

One of the few games on this list from this year. LittleBigPlanet was unique. I'd never played anything like it. It's amazingly addictive and great fun though. Especially in co-op.

STORYLINE : 2/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 4/5
MUSIC : 4/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5


17. ASSASSIN'S CREED (XBOX 360)

Hyped up to be amazing - at first it wasn't as good as I had hoped. But the game has grown on me over time. I always want to play it again. And the rush of a good chase over the rooftops has yet to be bettered.

STORYLINE : 4/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 3/5
FUN FACTOR : 4/5
LONGETIVITY : 4/5


16. CALL OF DUTY 4 (XBOX 360)
I didn't think it was amazing as everyone said it would be... but... it's still an absolutely fantastic game, and one that I have played more than once! Truly feels cinematic in a way that most games can't beat.

STORYLINE : 3/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 3/5
FUN FACTOR : 4/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5


15. RESIDENT EVIL 4 (WII)

Truly amazing game. Perfect controls. Fantastic graphics for the time. And a storyline that makes me want to poo with glee. The enhanced Wii controls just make it better. Bring on Resident Evil 5!

STORYLINE : 5/5
GRAPHICS : 4/5
SOUND : 4/5
MUSIC : 3/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5


14. THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK: ESCAPE FROM BUTCHER BAY (XBOX)

I nearly went insane when this game wasn't made backwards compatiable with the 360. One of my favourite Xbox games ever! The best movie game adaption ever. The graphics still look good today. The voice acting was great. It really felt like you were in a movie. Can't wait for the remake coming this Spring on the 360!

STORYLINE : 5/5
GRAPHICS : 4/5
SOUND : 4/5
MUSIC : 4/5
FUN FACTOR : 4/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5


13. LEGO STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA (XBOX 360)

I have an unnatural love for the Lego games. I have them all. But I think Star Wars will always be my favourite. It was so unique when it came out, and hilariously funny. And such value for money as well. Definately play it with a friend.

STORYLINE : 4/5
GRAPHICS : 3/5
SOUND : 4/5
MUSIC : 4/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5



12. OUTCAST (PC)


Probably the only one on this list that people haven't heard of. Outcast was the first game I became completely obsessed with. The gameplay was phenonemal and the graphics were out of this world. It was simply amazing. This world you were in felt so real. The storyline is also top notch. I still play it every year.

STORYLINE : 5/5
GRAPHICS : 3/5
SOUND : 3/5
MUSIC : 5/5
FUN FACTOR : 3/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5


11. BIOSHOCK (XBOX 360)

As with Call of Duty 4, I don't think this game was quite as amazing as all the hype said it was. It's still an amazing game, with some of the best graphics and sound ever. The game is built around its atmosphere, which luckily is awesome! The storyline was the best thing about the game though. Who would've ever seen that twist?

STORYLINE : 5/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 4/5
FUN FACTOR : 4/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment