Saturday 19 December 2009

MOVIE REVIEW : Avatar


AVATAR

Directed by James Cameron

Starring Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana

PLOT

A paraplegic marine dispatched to the planet Pandora on a unique mission becomes torn between following his orders and protecting the world he feels is his home.

REVIEW

+ After months of me worrying that it wouldn't be very good - it blew me away. +

+ The 3D is absolutely incredible and super immersive. +

+ Even though the CG characters weren't 100% photo realistic, after 10 minutes you just forget about it and believe every single one of them is there. +

+ The planet of Pandora is the true star here, and one of the most amazing locations ever put to film. +

+ A simple story, but great in that you don't get confused and can just enjoy it for what it is. +

+ The music by James Horner was similar once again to all his other stuff, but still perfectly suited the film. +

+ It's two and a half hours long, but I didn't feel it at all - I wanted more. +

+ Incredible performances from everyone, even the digital characters. Zoe Saldana needs to be recognised for her work in this film. +

+ Amazing direction from the master of sci-fi James Cameron. It draws you in, never lets go, and makes you just want more. +

+ The biggest compliment I can give is that it pure escapist entertainment. It may not be 100% perfect. But I knew I was watching something special, and I loved every single minute of it. +

BEST MOMENT

There are so many fantastic moments, and I can't actually say my favourite without giving away a massive spoiler. So instead I'm gonna say when Jake rides his banshee for the first time.

MY RATING
++++++++++



No comments:

Post a Comment