Tuesday 28 April 2009

MOVIE REVIEW : The Bucket List

THE BUCKET LIST

Directed by Rob Reiner

Starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman


PLOT

Two terminally ill men escape from a cancer ward and head off on a road trip with a wish list of to-dos before they die.

WHAT I THOUGHT

My final review for today is a film that I've been wanting to see for a while. I eventually managed to catch it on Sky Movies HD. I'd heard good things about it, but was worried it might be too sappy.

If you don't like sappy, this film may not be for you. It's a film that I'd almost describe as quite "innocent". Its a story that everyone should see and experience. In an industry that favours young actors and action films, its great to see a small drama film starring two acting veterans turn into such a big hit.

There isn't too much to tell because I don't want to spoil it. The opening is great. Watching the friendship develop between the two of them is by far the best thing about it. As you can guess, the acting is phenomenal.

I was also worried because you know how it's going to end at the beginning. The whole premise of the story is that they are going to die. I'm glad to say though that it still comes as a shock because you aren't expecting it when it does.

It's a film that is very easy to watch and will have a smile on your face for most of it, but a hard film to get to terms with too because the theme of death is so strong.

It's still very worth seeing though, just to follow the experiences of the two great characters and their brilliant budding relationship.

BEST MOMENT

The opening 20 minutes, when Nicholson and Freeman are in hospital together.

MY RATING
**********


No comments:

Post a Comment