Tuesday 24 February 2009

MOVIE REVIEW : Pineapple Express

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS

Directed by David Gordon Green
Starring Seth Rogen and James Franco


PLOT

A stoner and his dealer are forced to go on the run from the police after the pothead witnesses a cop commit a murder.

WHAT I THOUGHT

I must admit that I'm a big fan of Seth Rogen. And Judd Apatow. I try to see all the Judd Apatow movies. My favourite is Knocked Up, and I was a bit worried about this one. I'm not a fan of stoner comedies, so I wasn't too sure...

I was proved wrong yet again however. Really funny film.

The strange thing about this film is that it is surprisingly epic. It's actually an action film, wrapped with a comedy shell. I suppose the film I'd say it is most alike is Hot Fuzz. The final third of the film is a full out action sequence, with car chases and so thrown throughout the film too.

Now, my one complaint comes from the stoner comedy aspect. I don't always find it that funny... but they did it pretty well here. Seth Rogen and James Franco have great chemistry together. James Franco is actually the stand out here. I'd never have expected him to be so funny, and its great. Great Goblin II turns into an awesome stoner!

There's not much more I can say. It's not everyones cup of tea, but I did enjoy it for what it is. An action stoner comedy. If you like the sound of that, check it out today.

BEST MOMENT

A bit with Seth Rogen's ear. I will say no more, I don't want to spoil it.

MY RATING
**********



No comments:

Post a Comment