Monday 2 February 2009

THEATRE REVIEW : Verwood Pantomime (Cinderella)

THEATRE REVIEW : Cinderella (Verwood Panto)

This weekend I returned home to see my local Panto. This year my girlfriend and my Mum were in it... so I knew I had to see it.

It is evidentally the 25th year for the society now, and I wish I had seen some more of them. I thoroughly enjoyed this production of Cinderella.

It had everything you wanted from a Panto. Really bad jokes. Great cross dressing. Slapstick comedy and more. I really liked it.

I also don't want to toot her horn too much... but my girlfriend Lucy was fantastic playing Dandini (the Prince's servant). She was definately one of the top actors performing with clear vocals and an all round great performance.

I also liked the Ugly Sister being played by a bloke. Hilarious in every respect, and just what I would expect from a dame.

I'd also like to congratulate my Mum (who was in the chorus this year), who also did a fantastic job.

I really got into the panto... and was supposedly "very loud" shouting things out, cheering and starting clapping during songs.

So a big well done to everyone involved... I will be going back next year.


1 comment:

  1. And where is the bit about how wonderful i looked in my costume (or was that the great cross dressing)? and also you forgot to mention Spirit, He was the top performer!!!! he he! nice review! Thank you! :) much love! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete