Sunday 11 January 2009

MY FAVOURITE GAMES EVER 10-1

10. CRACKDOWN (XBOX 360)

It's like Grand Theft Auto... but you're a superhero! AWESOME! One of the most fun gaming experiences I've ever had. I still play it to this day. And the cell shaded look is brilliant!

STORYLINE : 2/5
GRAPHICS : 4/5
SOUND : 4/5
MUSIC : 2/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 4/5


9. GEARS OF WAR 2 (XBOX 360)

The first Gears of War was a good game. But it wasn't amazing. Luckily the second game kicked serious ANUS! The best graphics ever! Amazing music! And the storyline is so good compared to the last one!

STORYLINE : 4/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 4/5
FUN FACTOR : 4/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5



8. ROCK BAND 2 (XBOX 360)

The best local multiplayer experience ever in my opinion. I love the feeling when it's a song that everyone loves, and everybody suddenly comes in with a different instrument and works together as a team to complete it. Sometimes it makes you feel like a real band. And I have become obsessed with the drums. They took over my Summer, and still rule my life now!

STORYLINE : 4/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 4/5
FUN FACTOR : 4/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5


7. FABLE SERIES (XBOX AND XBOX 360)

Two absolutely brilliant games. I couldn't decide which one was my favourite, so I put them both. Fable 2 is absolutely stunning, but it can't beat the freshness and the charm of the original. My favourite game of 2008 was Fable 2... what an awesome experience it was.

STORYLINE : 4/5
GRAPHICS : 4/5
SOUND : 4/5
MUSIC : 5/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5


6. ODDWORLD SERIES (PC and XBOX)

Abe's Oddysee is amazing. Abe's Exoddus is perfect. Munch's Oddysee is pretty good. Stranger's Wrath is fantastic. Nothing can ever beat the two original games, which I still complete every single year because I love them so much. The new Stranger's Wrath game is truly great though, and it infuriates me by not being available to play on the 360! AGH!!! And let's not forget that they all have the best CG cutscenes ever in a game!

STORYLINE : 5/5
GRAPHICS : 3/5
SOUND : 4/5
MUSIC : 3/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5


5. UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE (PS3)

I loved it first time that I played this game, and I love it even more every time I play it after. The graphics are jaw dropping. The soundtrack is awesome. But the gameplay is spot on, and the characters and story are excellent. I can't wait for Uncharted 2. Which is actually my most anticipated game of 2009.

STORYLINE : 5/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 4/5
MUSIC : 5/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5


4. STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC (XBOX)

What a game. I don't normally like turn based RPGs, but this game's storyline and presentation were so perfect that I was completely hooked. The twist at the end of the game surprised me the most ever, including film. I was so engrossed. And it took me by so much surprise. The graphics at the time were good, but the voice acting is amazing... so much dialogue. And the Star Wars music is great too... as ever.

STORYLINE : 5/5
GRAPHICS : 4/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 5/5
FUN FACTOR : 4/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5


3. HALF-LIFE 2 (PC)

Truly the most cinematic game available on the market. The graphics in 2004 were so good... and still up to today's best standards. The storyline is also great. It's the small things though that make it better than anything else. Like the character of Dog. Or the friendship with Alyx. There are just so many moments in this game that I always have to play it again to experience them one more time.

STORYLINE : 4/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 3/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 3/5


2. MASS EFFECT (XBOX 360)

This was very nearly my number one... but nothing could knock that off easily. Is Mass Effect a perfect game? No. But it does so much right that you forget all the wrongs. The combat system is so deep, its fantastic. The storyline is epic. The graphics were unbelievable, as well as the music. The moment I knew this was so good was when I accidentally made the wrong decision, and was so depressed about it, I turned off my console and played through the 3 hours again just to get one of the characters back. No other game can do that for me. Each time feels different. I may go play it again now...

STORYLINE : 5/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 5/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5


1. HALO TRILOGY (XBOX and XBOX 360)

I have an obsession with Halo. Everyone that has met me knows it. I have posters. Limited editions. Figurines. Calendars. Everything. My gaming life revolves around Halo. Why? No other game has provided the pure amount of excitement and fun. The vehicles are amazing. Each game has had some of the best graphics of the generation. The best multiplayer mode ever to grace a game. Let's not forget it was Halo 1 that got me into console gaming. I think the thing that holds it together for me though is the world that Bungie has created. I have become completely involved in the universe - even reading the books because I love it so much. No game could hope to beat what Halo is to me. A lifestyle.

STORYLINE : 5/5
GRAPHICS : 5/5
SOUND : 5/5
MUSIC : 5/5
FUN FACTOR : 5/5
LONGETIVITY : 5/5


OTHER HONOURABLE MENTIONS:

Fahrenheit
Jade Empire
Just Cause
Rayman
Spider-Man 2
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Republic Commando
The Movies
The Sims 2

THANK YOU FOR READING

No comments:

Post a Comment