Wednesday 13 January 2010

TOP SOUNDTRACK AWARD for 2009

TOP SOUNDTRACK AWARD 2009

Often my favourite part of a film, soundtrack is very important to me. I can't say there have been that many soundtracks that absolutely blew me away this year, but all these are definately worth a listen.


WINNER: (500) Days of Summer

I always expected a score to be my number one soundtrack of the year, but this year the record has been broken. The 500 Days of Summer soundtrack is a collection of brilliant songs, each one as good as the next. Some are great fun to listen to whilst others evoke a great sense of sadness when thinking about what it represents within the film. I can't stop listening to it, and if you haven't checked it out by now, you need to very soon!


RUNNER UP: Angels and Demons

Definately the best score of the year. Hans Zimmer does it again. The Da Vinci Code score was very good, but for the sequel he has turned everything up to 11. It's incredibly powerful stuff. Just the opening titles have such strong music that I knew I was going to be in for something good. Great themes and loud music, just the way film soundtracks should be.


HONOURABLE MENTIONS: Star Trek and Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment